Wi-Fi Terms and Conditions
Your use of this service is governed by the following terms and conditions:
"you" means any person using this wireless ("Wi-Fi") network facility and "your" and "yours" shall be construed accordingly;
"we" means Ely Cathedral Centre (the operator of the Wi-Fi Service in this location) and "our" and "ours" shall be construed accordingly;
"Service" means wireless access to the internet via the WiFi networks.
1. (a) The Service gives you wireless network access to the Internet. You can use the service by entering the network key as supplied by the Centre manager.
(b) Where we have given you a network key you are responsible for keeping these details confidential. We ask you not to share this key with anyone.
2. The Service and any materials or content available through the Service are provided without warranties or conditions of any kind either expressed or implied (see clause 14 below; also for limits on liability).
3. You acknowledge that the transmission of information via the internet and via the Service is not secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted via the Service and therefore any transmission or use of the Service is entirely at your own risk. We recommend that while using our site and our wireless internet Service you use an approved secure technology, for example virtual private networking ("VPN") and/or a personal firewall, in particular where you intend to conduct personal or private business over the Service.
4. The Service allows you to access the Internet. The Internet is separate from the Service and use of the Internet is at your own risk and subject to any applicable laws. We have no responsibility for any goods, services, information, software, or other materials you obtain when using the Internet.
5. If you are younger than 18 years old, then you must obtain the permission of your parent or guardian to use the Service. By using the Service, you confirm that you are either older than 18 years old, or that you have obtained such permission. The Internet may provide access to content you or others consider harmful or inappropriate to minors, or otherwise offensive.
6. We make no guarantee that the Service will be free of charge in perpetuity. We reserve the right to charge for the Service on reasonable notice.
8. You must take all reasonable precautions to ensure that no one (including you) uses the Service:
(a) fraudulently or in connection with a criminal offence;
(b) to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, or use any material which is offensive, abusive, indecent, defamatory, obscene or menacing, threatening, inflammatory or hateful, sexually explicit, promotes violence, promotes illegal activity, or promotes discrimination in any way (whether based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age) or which infringes or breaches copyright, database right, trademark, confidence, privacy or any other rights;
(c) to cause annoyance, alarm, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
(d) to impersonate any person or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
(e) to spam or to send or provide unsolicited advertising or promotional material or, knowingly to receive responses to any spam, unsolicited advertising or promotional material sent or provided by any third party;
(f) in an unlawful manner, in contravention of any legislation, laws, licence or third party rights; or
(g) in a way that does not comply with any instructions that we have given you.
The action we can take if the Service is used in any of these ways is explained in clause 13.
9. (a) Although we attempt to provide you with the best possible service, we cannot guarantee that the Service will never be faulty or that the Service will be available. However, we will endeavour to correct reported faults as soon as we reasonably can. In addition, please note that we may need to temporarily suspend the Service for operational reasons (e.g. for repairs, planned maintenance or upgrades).
(b) Customer support for Skype Access is provided via skype.com rather than by Ely Cathedral Centre.
10. We may make available to you software that enables you to use the Service. You must not copy or modify this software (unless allowed by law). It is important that you only access the Service through this software or in an alternative way permitted by us, and you must not attempt to circumvent any security measures in the Service.
11. When we provide you with the Service it, and any associated software, is intended for your use only. Therefore, you must not re-sell, transfer, assign or sub-license the Service (or any part of it) or the associated software, to anyone else.
12.(a) As part of the Service we may provide you with applications, data, information, video, graphics, sound, music, photographs, software or any other material. The content we provide to you can only be used for your own purposes and is protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property rights. You are not allowed to copy, store, adapt, modify, transmit, distribute externally, play or show in public, broadcast or publish any part of the content. Although we take precautions, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the content and accordingly your use of the content (for whatever purpose) is at your own risk. Furthermore, some of the content will have its own terms and conditions, which will be displayed online, and if you access this content you will need to comply with those terms and conditions also.
(b) Skype Access: As an existing Skype Customer, you will already separately be subject to a version of Skype’s Terms of Service, depending upon whether you are a consumer or business user. These terms can be found here: http://www.skype.com/intl/en-gb/legal. Payment for the ["Skype Access" Services] using "Skype Credit" shall be subject to and governed by these Skype Terms of Service as applicable."
13. We can suspend the Service or terminate your use of the Service (or both) at any time:
(a) with immediate effect if you materially breach these terms and conditions;
(b) with immediate effect if we believe that the Service is being used in a way described in clause 8, even if you do not know that the Service is being used in such a way;
(c) upon reasonable notice if you breach these tems and conditions in any other way and fail to remedy the breach within a reasonable period of being asked to do so.
If we decide to suspend the Service, we may in our discretion restore it when you satisfy us that you will only use the Service as we have agreed.
14. Limits on Liability and no warranties
14.1 The Service, and any materials or content available through the Service are provided without warranties or conditions of any kind either express or implied. we make no warranty or representation as to the accuracy, currency, completeness, reliability or usefulness of information distributed through the Service and to the fullest extent permitted by law, we expressly disclaim all warranties and conditions of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of satisfactory quality or fitness for a particular purpose.
14.2 we do not make any warranty that the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error free, or that software defects will be corrected or that this site or the server that makes it available is free of viruses or other harmful components.
14.3 furthermore, we make no warranty regarding any goods or services or the delivery of any goods or Services purchased or obtained through or from the Service or advertised through the Service, or regarding any transactions entered into through the Service. no advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you via the Service shall create any warranty not expressly stated herein.
14.4 to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence (save where such negligence causes death or personal injury, liability for which we do not limit or exclude) shall we be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of: profits, use, opportunity, goodwill, reputation, business, revenue, savings, data or other intangibles (even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages) that result from the use or the inability to use the Service, from any changes to the service, or from unauthorised access to or alteration of your transmissions or data.
14.5 you are solely responsible for your own conduct in using this Service, and will indemnify us and hold us harmless from any claims, liability, damages or costs that result from your conduct in using this Service.
14.6 if you are dissatisfied with the Service, the materials available on or through the service, or with any provisions in these terms and conditions, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Service.
14.7 you agree that we are not responsible for any loss of data that results from the download of material from the Service, network or system outages, file corruption or where content or attachments that we consider are inappropriate or harmful are deleted or not transferred; (although we have no obligation to delete such material).
14.8 you understand and agree that not all viruses or similar harmful programs can be detected or prevented. you agree to assume the risk of any damage that may be caused by your downloading of any files or information through the service.
14.9 you further agree that we shall not be liable for any damages arising from interruption, suspension or termination of the service, including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, whether such interruption, suspension or termination was justified or not, negligent or intentional, inadvertent or advertent.
14.10 we do not have any liability of any sort (including liability for negligence) for the acts or omissions of providers of telecommunication services or for faults in or failures of their networks and equipment.
14.11 in the event that the law does not permit certain of the limitations or exclusions or disclaimers of warranties, conditions or damages as set forth herein, then such limitations, exclusions or disclaimers shall not apply only to extent required by applicable law.
14.12 each provision of this clause 14 operates separately in itself and survives independently of the others.
15. You agree, acknowledge and warrant that we may be required by law to provide assistance to law enforcement, governmental agencies and/or other authorities. Accordingly, you agree:
(a) that we may implement and maintain an interception capability suitable to meet these requirements where we are obliged by law to ensure or procure that such a capability is implemented and maintained;
(b) that we may implement and maintain a data retention capability for the Service to meet requirements where we are obliged by law to ensure or procure that data is retained; and
(c) we may at times co-operate with law enforcement authorities and rights-holders in the investigation of any suspected or alleged illegal activity by you. If we are required to do so by law, this may include but is not limited to, disclosure of your contact information to law enforcement authorities or rights-holders.
16. We may change these terms and conditions of use, at any time. Where possible we will inform you in advance of any changes before they take effect.
17. Your use of the Service, and any disputes arising from your use, are governed by English Law and we and you agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.